Estate Planning and Probate Attorney
1300 K St, 2nd Floor
Modesto, California 95354
- SBusiness Law
- Estate Planning, Trust and Probate
William Broderick-Villa is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law (one of only 11 such attorneys in his county certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization in this area). An enthusiastic and dedicated lawyer who takes his clients’ interests to heart, his commitment to help his clients is rooted in his previous work as a high school teacher, and service on the Waterford City Council and as the Mayor of Waterford.
William’s areas of practice include:
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts (including Special Needs Trusts)
- Probate of Estates
- Non-probate transfers of decedent’s estates, including advice on Trust Administration and Accounting
- Forming and advising business entities, including Corporations, Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), and Limited Partnerships
- Real Property and leasing issues, including Agricultural Leases and assistance to companies which export agricultural products to other countries in setting up IC-DISCs
William was born in Modesto and grew up in Waterford. The double “LL” in his last name is pronounced as the “g” in “regent” or “legion”. He is fluent in Spanish.
Prior to law school, William taught Math and History at Waterford High School, where he served as the Academic Decathlon coach. William’s continuing commitment to the community includes:
- Estate Planning Council of Stanislaus County, Past President
- American Heritage Scholarship Series, Board Member
- Education Foundation of Stanislaus County, Board Member
- Modesto Rotary, Program Committee
William received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington DC, where he served as the President of the Student Bar Association. During law school, Mr. Broderick-Villa interned for the Court of Appeals of Maryland (Maryland’s equivalent of California’s Supreme Court). He received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California (USC).
William is a member of the California State Bar and the Stanislaus County Bar Association and is licensed to practice law before all courts of the state of California, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California.